The project consists of design to increase the capacity of the Century Hills Trunk Sewer by upgrading and increasing the size of approximately 3,100 LF of 12-inch and 15-inch sanitary sewer with 3,242 LF of new 18, 21 and 24-inch sewer. The engineer’s Opinion of Construction Cost is $1,356,000.
Other services provided included a topographic survey and staking of the proposed sewer alignment, (50) easement descriptions, plats, and negotiations with property owners to secure easements, development of an Erosion and Sediment Control Plan (ESCP) and a Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPPP), preparation of a Preliminary Design Technical Memorandum, a public meeting with affected property owners, USDA-NRCS approval, a Categorical Exclusion Determination from other agencies, and approval and construction permit from KYDOW. The project is part of the Group 1 Remedial Measures Plan developed by The Lexington- Fayette Urban County Government (LFUCG) to address sanitary sewer capacity issues as part of a consent decree with EPA Region IV. The project is funded by a KIA SRF loan.
- field survey of project corridor
- easement descriptions, plats, negotiations
- hydraulic analysis
- a preliminary design report to evaluate alternative sewer alignments
- preparation of gravity sewer plan and profile drawings
- boring and jacking of sewer under Man-O-War Boulevard
- Coordination with KYDOW, KIA, KDFWR, USFWS, SHPO, NRCS for reviews, permits and approvals
- public hearing with area residents
- bidding services