CDP was subcontracted to provide site/civil design services associated with the proposed elementary school and renovation project for East Bernstadt Independent Schools. Site design services included the proposed grading and storm drainage network, vehicular access and upgrades to parking areas, new playground areas, and accessible pedestrian walkways. Utility upgrades included new buried electric lines, site lighting, water service lines, and a new sanitary sewer line. This site presented a challenge because of the difficult terrain, but the proposed improvements matched the existing features so there were no retaining walls required and reduced earthwork quantities.
- developed a phased construction plan
- utilized stormwater best management practices for erosion and sediment control
- proposed site lighting plan
- educational rain gardens and vegetated swales
- upgraded sanitary sewer network
- improved bus circulation and maneuverability