This athletic facility improvement project was the second for the Fayette County Public School system. CDP in association with Dunbar & Associates Architects provided a safe, state of the art facility while maximizing the facility’s potential lifespan. The improvements required a complete stadium replacement consisting of a multi-use composite synthetic turf system athletic field, an 8-lane 400 meter broken-back track, newly designed architectural stadium seating, restrooms/concessions building and a parking lot. This new layout required the implementation of ADA accessible routes from the school/parking lot to the athletic facility. The existing site conditions created a challenge for providing the ADA accessible route. Forty-five feet of grade change had to be accommodated within a 295 foot corridor. After multiple design options, a solution was achieved that integrated an ADA accessible route within the main pedestrian concourse of the site. The overall design accommodates many users, allowing for better circulation while functioning as one unique facility.
- create a stronger sense of entry
- designed ADA accessible routes
- development of circulation patterns within the existing site
- prepared construction documents and specifications
- designed state-of-the-art track and field facilities with related amenities
- develop on site water detention capabilities
- provided contract administration