The scope of this project was to develop a master plan for the sections of the Town Branch Trail from Alexandria Drive to Jefferson Street/Cox Street Parking Lot. The first phase of the project was to develop trail alignments along the proposed corridor. As part of the master planning effort, opportunities were explored to include trailhead locations, connections to unique cultural and historically significant features, nodes featuring public art, interpretive and directional signage, landscape design, and infill & redevelopment potentials. The planning process for this project included the formation of an advisory committee of key takeholders to review design concepts. The project also included a public involvement component during which members of the community offered comments and recommendations.
- investigate the availability of right-of-way and potential access
- coordinate with CSX Railroad and RJ Corman Railr oad
- estimate the costs of design and c onstruction
- preliminary design alternates with typical sections, alignments, and profiles
- utility in vestigations, locations of significant architectural structures
- defining storm water drainage water shed areas
- provide color illustrations for assistance in interpreting the proposed conditions