CDP is preparing Phase I and 2 roadway designs for the 0.50-mile US 60 Bridge Replacement and approaches in Rowan County. This project is intended to provide a safe overpass of Hays Branch near the May Road intersection, and to improve local roadway utilization through enhancement of the existing roadway typical section and horizontal alignment deficiencies. The improved 2-lane roadway typical will facilitate two 12-foot driving lanes with 8-foot paved shoulders.
- horizontal alignment studies. Located along the project corridor is a historic home that played an important role in studying feasible and acceptable horizontal alignments, while meeting KYTC design policies.
- vertical geometrics to meet design criteria while resulting in economical earthwork.
- bridge over Hays Branch (structure design being provided by a subconsultant).
- consideration of stream impacts to Hays Branch.
- environmental studies and geotechnical services were provided by the Department.
- drainage designs for open channels and bridge hydraulics.
- final Right-of-Way and Construction Plans.
- property owner information meetings to communicate the project purpose, scope and design elements to local residents.