CDP worked with the Lexington-Fayette Urban County Government (LFUCG) to facilitate the planning and design for the construction of a shared-use greenway trail section which connects Veterans Park with the Veterans Park Elementary School. The project consisted of a 12-foot wide concrete trail with a 100-foot steel bridge that crosses the West Hickman Creek. The West Hickman Trail project is one component of the Lexington Greenway Master Plan and connects to University of Kentucky campus. CDP completed all civil engineering, landscape architecture and survey services. Stormwater modeling included flood modeling and development of a FEMA conditional letter of map revision (CLOMR) for modifications to the floodplain limits. Permitting, erosion and sediment control and construction services were also provided.
- enhancement of pedestrian and bicycle circulation in this residential section of Lexington and linkages of the Veterans Park to the surrounding neighborhoods
- concrete trail which incorporates a 100-foot long bridge that crosses the West Hickman Creek.
- connects Veterans Park and Veteran Park Elementary School to an existing on-street bikeway system
- public involvement process in which citizens provided input into the design of the trail
- coordination with Regulatory Agencies, DOW/ACOE